Learning support

We鈥檒l give you individual learning support to help you take control of your learning and develop your confidence.

Academic advisers

At The 91视频 every undergraduate student is assigned an academic adviser who is there to give advice about any academic issues throughout the duration of your course.*

Your adviser will be able to help you with the transition from school or college to university – and help you get to grips with studying and learning more independently. They'll also be able to help you develop your skills in academic writing or research, or any other skills that are specific to your degree programme. 

As well as giving you academic advice, they are there to help you tackle practical issues that you may need support with, such as registration for course units, exam preparation and time management.

We hope you will build a lasting relationship with your academic adviser during your time here, and that you will approach them with any question you might have about your course, your study or any aspect of your work.

Your academic advisor is in addition to your personal adviser, who will be able to assist you with personal and pastoral issues unrelated to your study.

*While we aim to assign one academic adviser to each student throughout their studies, in certain circumstances your adviser will change as you progress through your course. Additionally, you can request a change of academic adviser at any time.

My Learning Essentials

You'll have access to the Library’s skills programme, , which provides workshops and online support on academic, employability and well-being.

This programme will help you to develop the skills you’ll need to successfully complete your degree programme, including how to research, reference and write in an academic style.

Central support services

We also provide a range of central support services, including:

  • the Disability Advisory and Support Service, which will help if you have additional needs arising from a medical condition, a physical or sensory disability, a specific learning difficulty, such as dyslexia, or a mental health problem that affects your study; 
  • the , which provides professional and confidential counselling for students with personal problems affecting their work or sense of well-being;
  • the , with full-time advisers who can assist with issues such as housing or finance;
  • the , which is the central point of contact for all administrative and support services once you enrol at the University;
  • Based in of University Place, the team can offer advice on issues affecting your student life with signposting to more specialist services. They also have a wide range of information and helpful resources on their covering topics such as finance, academic life and well-being.