EU students considering Manchester

The UK formally left the EU on 31 January 2020. This has resulted in several important changes for EU students, both in terms of immigration and student finance.

The 91视频 is, and will continue to be, not just a UK but also a global university that embraces staff, students, and academic and business partnerships from across the world.

As a University, we value the intellectual and cultural contribution EU students, members of staff and partners make to our international community.

Each year we welcome one of the largest international student populations in the UK to our University. Whatever you study, you’ll soon make friends from across the world – there are 160 different nationalities represented on campus, including students from across the EU and EEA, as well as further afield.

The information on this page is designed for prospective students, applicants and offer-holders. If you are a current student, .

Date of last update: 8 October 2021. The information below was correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of writing, but is subject to change.  

Fee status and access to student finance

Starting your studies in 2021/22 and beyond

The UK government confirmed on 23 June 2020 that  for courses starting in the academic year 2021/22. These students who are starting their studies in the 2021/22 academic year will therefore be charged the international rate of fee unless they fall into certain categories which we've outlined on our  page. You may also wish to read the  and their set of . 



To find out more about our tuition fees by level of study, the financial support you'll be able to apply for and information on cost of living, visit our student finance pages:

If you started your studies in 2020/21

EU students starting their courses (undergraduate, taught postgraduate or research) in the academic year 2020/21 will be eligible for the Home tuition fee and will also be able to apply for the relevant financial support for the duration of their programmes:

  • For undergraduate students this will normally be the tuition fee loan;
  • For postgraduate taught and research students, this will normal be the postgraduate loan – the master's loan or the doctoral loan.

This has been confirmed by . 

The EU Settlement Scheme

Applications for the EU Settlement Scheme for those who arrived in the UK on or before 31 December 2020 closed on 30 June 2021. 

If you've already applied for, and been granted, either Settled or Pre-settled status, you don't need to apply for another kind of immigration permission (such as a Student Visa) in order to continue to study in the UK. 

If you arrived in the UK on or before 31 December 2020 but haven't applied for the EU Settlement Scheme, you won't now be able to do so and will require a different kind of immigration permission in order to continue your studies (such as a Student Visa).

Student Route visa

If your studies will start on or after 1 January 2021 and you don't already have another kind of immigration permission (British or Irish citizen, or Settled or Pre-Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme), you'll require a Student Route visa to allow you to study in the UK.  

The UK government has published a  on this new points-based immigration system, to help you get started. Our also contain a wealth of useful information. 

Useful links

GOV.UK information for:


For any further queries, please contact

For any further queries, please contact