Frequently asked questions

We've pulled together the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.


I have an urgent enquiry about my application but the School aren't responding. What should I do?

Please email our Study Enquiries Team at

We may be able to get in contact with the academic department in question, or at least push your case to them as a matter of urgency.

Unfortunately, there may be times where departments are busier than usual, so it may take longer to respond.

How can I find out about my funding and fee options?

Please contact our Student Services Centre directly on +44 (0) 161 275 5000. Alternatively, visit our funding and fee pages:

I've submitted my application but haven't received my University ID number. Can you help?

You can contact our Study Enquiries Team via email at

I can't activate or login into my IT self-service account with my credentials 鈥 what鈥檚 wrong?

This is likely a technical issue. Please contact IT services on +44 (0)161 306 5544. 

For information on IT help and support, visit the

My IT track account states that my application is incomplete 鈥 what shall I do?

If your application is shown as incomplete and you have submitted all of the necessary documentation, then it may be an issue on the part of your academic department. You can contact your admissions team to check your application is complete. Details of your course department can be found on the ‘Overview’ tab of each page

Search for your . 

References and transcripts

How can I get a reference from the University?

We will only be able to provide you with a general reference ie start and end date of your course, qualification obtained, etc. To obtain this, you will need to contact our Student Services Centre by phone on +44 (0) 161 275 5000.

If you require a more personal reference, then you will need to nominate a specific person with whom you’ve had contact and who is happy to provide a reference to you.

I need to obtain my certificates and transcripts 鈥 where can I get these from?

Information about obtaining academic transcripts, replacement and duplicate degree certificates can be found on the.

If you require further information or assistance, please contact our Student Services Centre on +44 (0)161 275 5000 or email

As a potential employer, where can I obtain a reference of a former student?

Third party requests for award verification should be submitted to the in the Student Services Centre. We don't provide personal references of a student’s character or capability.

Open days and guided visits

I'm unable to attend a University Open Day 鈥 are there any other dates on which I can visit?

If you are unable to attend an Open Day, you can register for one of our guided visits; they run on every other Wednesday. They don’t include subject talks, however, so contact one of our academic departments about a course-specific tour.

Alternatively, you can register for a self-guided tour.

I'm an international student who would like to tour the University 鈥 how can I do so?

Please contact our International Office – the number is +44 (0) 161 275 2196, or email